Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 4

Yesterday was quite productive. All the parts are printed out and we're ready to play power at our first playoff football game coming up this week. We'll undoubtedly want to make changes to it after that, but we hope that it becomes an integral part of pep-band music in the future. It's unique in that no other 6A pep-band has music for it, let alone music arranged by students.

As far as future projects go, I'm undecided. I was considering using google days to work on either basic aspects of my horn playing - that is, scales, articulations and the overtone series. As we draw nearer to districts, I'd probably use more and more of the time to work on my solo for this year (Strauss). It seems like the best use of my time, given the circumstances. That said, it would probably be equally as much fun to arrange a different piece, perhaps of a different style for band. Maybe this time we won't do it for pep band and instead write an arrangement for wind ensemble. At the moment, it's up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment